Our Local History Room, located on the second floor of the Main Building has new hours! A librarian will be available to answer your genealogy and history related questions or you are invited to just browse the collection:
Tuesdays • 1:00 pm – 4:30 pm
Thursdays • 9:00 am – 1:00 pm
Wednesdays • 5:00 pm – 8:30 pm (Beginning in October)
To make individual appointments or for more information, contact Teresa Schwind at 631–427-5165 x 202 or by email: .
Huntington Digital Collection
Family History Center Microfilm/Microfiche Service
As a Huntington Public Library patron, you are entitled to request microfilm and microfiche listed in the Family History Library Catalog. As the requestor, you are responsible for all charges and will make payments directly to the Family History Center. Your requested items will be delivered to Huntington Public Library for you.
Note: Before ordering any film, check the Family History Library Catalog to see if there is a digital copy online for you to view.
(for film loans in the United States and Canada)
- Short-term Film Loan $7.50
- Short-term Film Loan Extension $7.50
- Extended Film Loan $18.75
- Microfiche Loan $4.75
Detailed information is provided when you click on www.familysearch.org/films to create an account. For additional assistance, please contact the Adult Reference department at . Please Note: On September 1, 2017, FamilySearch will discontinue its microfilm distribution services. (The last day to order microfilm will be on August 31, 2017.) The change is the result of significant progress made in FamilySearch’s microfilm digitization efforts and the obsolescence of microfilm technology.
Long Island Memories
- Ensure public access to the rich regional resources of Long Island.
- Promote the economic and efficient delivery of digital resources to the people of Long Island.
- Contribute to the State and National effort to develop digital libraries and museums.
- Encourage the use of digital resources to meet the New York State education standards.