Free Tax preparation is available at our Station Branch on Saturdays, beginning in February and ending before April 15. Please note that some tax information, especially from brokerage firms, may not be sent until the end of February. Appointments slots are: 9:00 am, 10:00 am, 11:00 am & 12:00 pm
AARP Tax-Aide is administered by the AARP Foundation, in cooperation with the IRS. Electronic filing (e*filing) is included. Please bring your current tax records and copies of your last filed federal and state tax returns. All persons listed on the tax return must be present and must bring a photo ID and a Social Security card or another form of Social Security verification. Call 631-427-5165 ext. 251, or 122, for complete information and to make a reservation. Registration required. HPL cardholders only for the first week; after that, appointments are open to all.
AARP Tax-Aide is a free tax counseling and preparation service, helping low and middle-income taxpayers, with special attention to people ages 60 years and older. AARP Tax Aide volunteers cannot prepare returns that include rental property, military income, alternative minimum tax, or those with many stock transactions.
Featured at the Station
- Your green card.
- Information for your application about your address, work and travel history.
- If you are currently married: Please bring your spouse’s full legal name, date of birth, Social Security number, current address, date of marriage, “A” number (if your spouse has one) and the date and place of naturalization (if your spouse naturalized).
- Information about all your prior marriages and about all of your current spouse’s prior marriages, including date of marriage, date the marriage ended, and how marriage ended (copy of divorce/death/annulment papers).
- If you have been arrested: Bring ALL arrest and court documents, even if charges were dropped. If you don’t have these documents yet or don’t know where to get them you should still come to the workshop.
- If you wish to file for a fee waiver (I-912), please bring documents verifying your income, including a copy of last year’s tax return.
- Foreign language books for adults: French, Creole, Hindi, Korean, Spanish
- Literacy materials for adults
- Bi-lingual books for children
Classes for New English Speakers
Taught by a native English speaker in a casual and fun environment.
For more information call 631- 421-5053.
Beginner English Class
Tuesdays & Thursdays at 5:30-6:30 pm
Beginner-Intermediate English Class
Tuesdays & Thursdays at 6:30-7:30 pm
Rosetta Stone (language-learning computer program)
Literacy Suffolk Tutors
Station Branch History